God: Professor of Science
Does the Bible and science ever agree upon anything? In many cases science finds out that the Bible holds much scientific truth, many wise statement of wisdom. With me, faith begins with a realization that a supreme intelligence being brought our universe into existence and is the Creator of mankind, and every living and non-living thing upon this earth. Our universe has order; it exists within the divine plan for the purpose of a design, unfolding before us. This testifies to the truth that an intelligent, majestic, and most holy and divine being outside of our dimension of reality, exercised an infinite force greater then the universe was at it maximum moment, and brought it into existence. This lesson will cover the harmony on some remarkable Bible truth supported by science.
The bible was written by holy men chosen by God thousands of years before the birth of Christ and longer before the birth of science. I will show you Bible passages that talks about science subject long before the birth of science, this will cover astronomy, physics, biology, Sanitation, and ecology. God is our professor of science as you read this article.
As we observe the stars in the night sky we can’t help but perceive it in awe and wonder. For it is written in Psalms “The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handy-work.” Ps. 19:1
1. Bible passage: “His (our Sun) going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit (orbit) unto the ends of it.” PS.19:6
Scientific Fact: We now know that our Sun moves through space in its own orbit around our galaxy, with a circumference of about 300,000 light-years. (16 trillion miles in one light year).
2. Bible passage: “Canst thou bind the sweet influences of Pleiades, or loose the bands of Orion? Job 38:31
Scientific Fact: During the time of Galileo and Newton and Kepler the theory of planetary attraction (sweet influence) was being formulated, yet, it was well known in Ancient Biblical times, which hold heavenly bodies in balance with regards to there relation to one another.
Scientific Fact: Astronomers know that all the stars in most constellations in our universe are moving outward apart from one another. Only Pleiades and Orion as true star groups are moving through space together, thus giving us the appearance of being banded together.
3. Bible passage: “As the host of heaven cannot be numbered.” Jeremiah 33:22
Scientific Fact: Early astronomers, using their eyes only mapped out the shy in star groups called constellation and counted the stars. Today with our giant telescope astronomers increased their ability to see more stars, way beyond human comprehension.
4. Bible passage: He stretches’ out the north over the empty place, and hanged the earth upon nothing.” Job 26:7
Scientific Fact: Our planet is moving through empty space at a speed of 18.5 miles per second without any visible support giving the appearance of hanging in space upon nothing.
5. Bible passage: “…Canst thou guide Arcturus with his sons?” Job 38:32
Scientific Fact: Astronomers, through observation, has discovered that Arcturus is a runaway star traveling at a speed of 84 miles per second.
6. Bible passage: “It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth…” Isa. 40:22
Scientific Fact: We know that the earth is round, and God revealed this knowledge to the prophet Isaiah in ancient times, at a time when most people of the earth thought it was flat.
Let us finish this section by reading Isaiah 40: 26 & 28
“Lift up your eyes on high, and behold who hath created these things, that brineth out their host by number: he calleth them all by names by the greatness of his might, for that he is strong in power; not one faileth.” And “Hast thou not known? Hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? There is no searching of his understanding.”
1. Bible passage: “To make the weight for the winds.” Job 28:25
Scientific Fact: We know, through the science of physics that wind (air in motion) has weight, and that we can measure that weight. We observe its lifting power, and have designed airplanes of great size. We know that about “air pressure” and invented the barometer to help forecast the weather.
2. Bible passage: The wind goeth toward the south, and turneth about unto the north; it whirleth about continually, and the wind returneth again according to his circuits.” Eccl. 1:6
Scientific Fact: Meteorologist today recognizes the importance of trade winds and how it affects our weather. They know that the influence and mixture between cold and warm air causes great weather change.
3. Bible passage: “Dost thou know the balancing of the clouds?” Job 37:16
Scientific Fact: We know that clouds are lit and float in the air, yet they can hold large amount of water in the form of rain and still maintain their balance. Water is 800 times heavier than air and it vaporizes to 1, 600 times its liquid volume. Through this process, water can float on air, filling the clouds with great amounts of moisture, yet, still maintain balance.
4. Bible passage: “it is he (God) that buildeth his stories in the heaven, and hath founded his troop in the earth; he that calleth for the waters of the sea, and poureth them out upon the face of the earth.” Amos 9:6
Scientific Fact: Through water spouts and natures process of evaporation and precipitation, thousand of cubic miles of water irrigate the earth and continue the process of life.
1. Bible passage: And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.” Gen. 2:7
Scientific Fact: We know through chemical analysis that the human body is made up of the same elements that is found in the earth. We come from the earth, and at the end we will return to the earth and become part of it.
2. Bible passage: “All flesh is not the same flesh: but there is one kind of flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another of fishes, and another of birds.” I Cor. 15:39
Scientific Fact: At the diner table we find a Varity of foods. If we blindfold ourselves, we will still be able to tell the deference, because they are not all from the same flesh. We know the difference between chicken, turkey, ham, roast beef, tuna, etc.
3. Bible passage: “(God) hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth.” Acts 17:26
Scientific Fact: Science through blood analysis can tell you from which of the seven different kinds of animal it came from, give him human blood and he will not be able to tell you from which race he came from.
4. Bible passage: “for it is the life of all flesh; the blood of it is for the life thereof.” Lev.17: 14
Scientific Fact: We know that our body needs nutrient such as vitamins, oxygen, minerals, enzymes; fats, protein and carbohydrates to live, and the circulatory system carry these nutrients to all the cells where they are needed, and remove the toxic waste that can damage our health.
1, Bible passage: “Nevertheless a fountain or pit, wherein there is plenty of water, shall be clean: but that which toucheth their carcase shall be unclean.” Lev. 11:36
Scientific Fact: God knows the importance of drinking pure water. He knows the result of the dead animal’s carcase touching the water and contemning it with deadly germs and viruses. We should guard ourselves in matters of drinking clean water. As for my self, I do not trust city water, and buy steam distilled at the local store for drinking. Reverse osmosis is second best in my book.
2. Bible passage: “And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be, when thou wilt case thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee.” Deut. 23:13
Scientific Fact: It is good sanitation practices to cover up, when you’re in the woods camping, to properly dispose of all bodily waste to prevent the spread of disease.
3. Bible passage: “All the days wherein the plague shall be in him he shall be defiled; he is unclean: he shall dwell alone; without the camp shall his habitation be.” Lev. 13:46
Scientific Fact: Whenever we get some contagious disease such as small pox’s, leprosy, etc. we quarantine them from the others.
- Bible passage: “If a bird’s nest chance to be before thee in the way in any tree, or on the ground, whether they be young ones, or eggs, and the dam sitting upon the young, or upon the eggs, thou shalt not take the dam with the young.” Deut. 22:6
Scientific Fact: God teaches conservation, for science understand now the importance of protecting our wild life and not take mother bird from her nest, nor kill female deer, and many other rules of conservation.
- Bible passage: “And six years thou shalt sow thy land, and shalt gather in the fruits thereof: But the seventh year thou shalt let it rest and lie still…” Exodus 23:10 & 11
Scientific Facts: In the proper practice of agriculture the farm get best result by allowing his fields to lay uncultivated un-plowed. So the soil can rest and replenish itself.
God is the great eternal scientist, the Creator and maker of Mother Natures. He established a self-ongoing process of nature, which operates under divine laws. When we as human disobey these laws, we suffer the results, and it’s not Gods fault, nor is it his doing. We brought it upon ourselves through disobedient. Example: It is a divine universal law that if we touch a hot stove we will burn our fingers. If we disobey God’s dietary health laws we then get sick, etc., etc.
Believe the teachings of your Bible. It is a very wise book having within the wisdom of the Lord. Follow and obey his laws and be healed.